[Press Release] Korea Cannabinoid Association and Kookmin University Techno Design Graduate School Signed a MOU Agreement
Korea Cannabinoid Association, established by Korea Medical Cannabis Organization
Kookmin University research team conclude a MOU agreement with for the first medical cannabis supply
Meeting of medical cannabis and agricultural service design
1. On September 4, 2017, Incheon Customs said they have asked the prosecutors to investigate 38 cases imported from substitution for purchases or direct purchases of cannabinoid oil in the first half of 2017. Prosecutors said they are investigating the people who imported the Cannabis oil for violation of “The Narcotic Drug Management Act.”
2. The Organization of Legalizing Medical Cannabis(Representative: Rev. Sung seok Kang) has been consulted with patients and their families who have been indicted for importing Cannabis oil since the foundation. Cannabis oil has been proven to be efficacious in brain diseases such as epilepsy, autism, Alzheimer, cerebropathia, neurological disorder through clinical trials. Although Japan strictly punish cannabis similar to Korea, Cannabis oil is in circulation.
3. The organization reported to National Assembly and major media about the situation of patients and their families. Therefore, in January 5, 2018, Shin Chang hyun and the 11 members of the National Assembly suggest to revise part of “The Narcotic Drug Management.” In the 19th National Assembly in 2015, an amendment to legalize medical cannabis was introduced at the Korea Food and Drug Administration by the government legislation and the portion was passed to the 20th National Assembly.
4. On November 23, 2018, during the 364th National Assembly plenary session, “The Narcotic Drug Management Act Revision” has been passed. Not only to absorb medical cannabis through lungs, but also there are different ways such as pills, oils, ointments, patches, sprays, and drinks. However, Korea is bound by the Drugs Act and the Presidential Decree. After the initiative of the amendment, comments from the Epilepsy Institute at Yonsei University including domestic neurological professor are being submitted. On August 12th, the KMCO established the KCA to carry out a project to establish a stable system of medical cannabis prescriptions.
5. The Graduate School of Techno Design at Kookmin University prepares farmers’ income-led growth and professional cultivation skills after legalization of medical cannabis through agricultural service design. The research team said that the institutional problems were concerned, and the research of the expert group came to have a MOU agreement with the association to go with patients and their families.
6. Rev. Sung Seok Kang, (Representative of KMCO, executive advisor of KCA) said that the agreement would give a big impetus to Korea medical cannabis industry, which is undeveloped.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING Agreement
10am December 18, 2018
Kookmin University Techno Design Graduate School Johyung-gwan annex 1floor Ted Square.
Korea Cannabinoid Association
Seolleung-ro 99-gil 16, Gangnam-gu, Seoul Sanjung Building 5fl